Hunting is more than just the pursuit of an animal…
Sometimes it’s a job watching a badass TV show too.
It’s the middle of May. Although quarantine restrictions are beginning to ease, many of us are still stuck homebound. That means lots of time, and not a lot to fill it with.
Here at Gear Lobo, we want to help break up the monotony by taking your mind off things and paying tribute to one of the greatest hunting shows of all time.
How? We’re hiring somebody to watch MeatEater. That’s right, one lucky applicant will end up with $1,000 and a passel of prize giveaways.
Love MeatEater? Then this just job might be the thing for you!
Who We Want To Hire?
In order to be chosen, you have to have a Master’s degree in hunting and fishing….. Just kidding! You can be a third-grade dropout and still qualify.
Here’s the skinny:
- The person we’re looking to hire is not just a MeatEater fan, but also an active social media user who would be thrilled to live-update their social media accounts during their MeatEater marathon (tagging Gear Lobo and MeatEater while they do).
- The other requirements are that you are at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the United States.
If you’re hired, simply plop down in your favorite binge-watching location, stream the episodes, and post on your social media platforms as you go (might also wanna fire up a couple squirrel haunches or some other MeatEater-inspired TV snacks to graze on as well).
Once your marathon is over, we’ll also have you rank the 3 best episodes, and share them online.
What Will You Watch?
MeatEater. And LOTs of it (41 hours to be specific!).
That’s right, get used to seeing Steve’s left-handed Carolina Custom, Cal’s mustache, and a whole lot of camo (plenty of Joe Rogan, Remi, Janis and the rest of the gang too).
Here’s the breakdown:
|MeatEater Season||Episodes||Watch Time|
|Season 1||10||5 hours, 4 minutes|
|Season 2||13||4 hours, 49 minutes|
|Season 3||11||4 hours, 3 minutes|
|Season 4||18||6 hours, 36 minutes|
|Season 5||16||5 hours, 47 minutes|
|Season 6||16||5 hours, 42 minutes|
|Season 7||16||5 hours, 53 minutes|
|Season 8||8||3 hours, 9 minutes|
|Total||108||41 hours, 3 minutes|
Still not scared off? Read on.
What You’ll Get
If you’re obsessed with MeatEater more than Steve is obsessed with Montana, we’ll pay you the cold hard cash AND hook you up with a few goodies to be excited about.
Our resident MeatEater binge-watcher will walk away with:
- $1,000 (not sure if we already mentioned that or not)
- The MeatEater Fish and Game Cookbook
- MeatEater T-shirt
- MeatEater 20 oz. Yeti tumbler
- MeatEater skull sticker
- Gift card for a free 1-year subscription of MyOutdoorTV (they also offer a free 1-year subscription to an outdoor magazine of your choice)
- Civivi Plethiros folding knife
- Jack Links 2-Pack of beef jerky
Not to mention the immense satisfaction one feels when being paid to watch TV (let’s be honest, you’ve just joined the elite ranks of precious few people).
How to Apply
Ready to do this thing? Fill the application below and tell us in just a few words why you’re the ultimate MeatEater fan. Dazzle us with your glowing personality, and tell us where you hang out on social media.
One last thing… We’re not MeatEater (Or MyOutdoorTV, or any of the other folks mentioned in this give away).
This dream job is being conducted by Gear Lobo and is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by MeatEater, it’s producers, or anybody else mentioned here. We’re just regular people that enjoy the outdoors.
Apply below before 11:59 pm EST on Friday June 12, 2020.
How Do You Know If You Got The Job?
Submissions close at 11:59 p.m. EST June 12, 2020. A winner will be randomly selected and receive an email, Monday, June 15, 2020 to confirm eligibility and start processing the $1000 and giveaway prizes.
See the full Terms & Conditions below for complete details.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s impossible for us to troubleshoot all of these situations, but here are a few quick things to verify:
- Fill in all of the required fields.
- Ensure that you’re using a valid US zip code. Only US residents aged 18 and older can enter.
- Try refreshing your screen if the application form doesn’t load.
- If you are on a mobile device, consider using a laptop or computer to access the application form.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
- Clear your cache.
- Change internet browser (e.g., Chrome or Safari)
Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the compensation for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Gear Lobo whose principal office is located at 45 W 100 S , New Harmony, UT, 84757.
- Employees of Gear Lobo or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- MeatEater Marathon job void where prohibited.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via GearLobo.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Gear Lobo’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Gear Lobo can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday June 12, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EST. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Gear Lobo shall select one (1) recipient from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Gear Lobo employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the MeatEater Marathon within 5 days of notification, Gear Lobo reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement Recipient(s).
- Recipient(s) acknowledge that participation in the MeatEater Marathon will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by the acceptance of the MeatEater Marathon. Recipient(s) have no authority to bind Gear Lobo to contracts, make any agreement or representations without Gear Lobo’s written consent. Recipient(s) shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Gear Lobo to its employees. Gear Lobo is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient(s) behalf. Recipient(s) acknowledge that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient(s) are solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- The MeatEater Marathon job consists of watching all 8 MeatEater seasons from start to finish via whatever platform you prefer. Recipient(s) must already have access to a streaming service and/or cable to complete challenge requirements.
- Recipient(s) will receive a package of prizes mailed to them. Package includes one (1) copy of The MeatEater Fish and Game Cookbook, one (1) MeatEater T-shirt, one (1) MeatEater 20 oz. Yeti tumbler, one (1) Jack Links 2-Pack of beef jerky, and one (1) MeatEater skull sticker. The free 1-year subscription of MyOutdoorTV shall be given to recipient(s) via a digital gift card, to be redeemed by them. The free 1-year subscription to an outdoor magazine is offered by MyOutdoorTV as a promotional incentive coupled with their subscription offering, and shall be redeemed by the recipient(s) following their instructions. The value of these prizes is approximately $230 USD.
- The MeatEater Marathon job is conducted by Gear Lobo and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with MeatEater, Inc., or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the MeatEater Marathon job, Recipient(s) will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 USD. Upon completion of the MeatEater Marathon job, funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient notification.
- No cash alternative to the tv show-watching kit will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the MeatEater Marathon job is not transferable. Gear Lobo reserves the right to substitute the movie-watching kit items with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
45 W 100 S
New Harmony, UT, 84757
19. Gear Lobo reserves the right to cancel or amend this MeatEater Marathon job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
20. Gear Lobo’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the MeatEater Marathon job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The MeatEater Marathon job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
22. By submitting an application for this MeatEater Marathon job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.